Sunday, February 28, 2010

So much going on!


"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14



Wow, life has been crazy lately! There has been so much happening, I can't seem to keep up.


I'll start with addressing the horrible tragedy that happened at SeaWorld. I am in shock that this happened to Dawn, such an amazing and experienced trainer. My heart goes out to her family, both biological and her SeaWorld family. I can't get my mind off what happened. Most guests were really nice and were saying how sorry they were about everything. I did hear a couple things that made me mad, but what can you do?


The media is distorting everything, and I get so enraged when I read people's ignorant comments about SeaWorld and how we care for our animals. My entire job is to educate people about wildlife and how to better care for it..and people are saying that SeaWorld is only in it for the money and doesn't care about animals?! And that we should release all of them, where they would likely die?!! Ugh. It is very frustrating, but I need to just suck it up. Arguing with people isn't going to help anything. Though we do have the stronger argument ;)


What we should focus on now, is what a wonderful person Dawn Brancheau was and how we can respect her memory by continuing to do what we do! Her funeral was today. I'm praying for her friends and family. I'm sorry that this happened, but it has been really cool to see how it has brought us all close together..my supervisors, co-workers, and I are leaning on each other during all of this..I'm so glad we've been able to do that.


In other news, I moved today!! I LOVE this place! I feel like I've lept into the lap of luxury..haha. My bathroom is like almost as big as my room. I haven't had a bathroom that big since I shared one with my brother 6 years ago. Everything is so nice, not just the apartment, but our pool and our entertainment areas as well. I'll be living here for AT LEAST a year too, which will be nice. I hate moving.
Though, including myself, I had 10 people helping today, 4 men. So it really wasn't that bad! Went super fast :) I am so incredibly thankful to have such helpful friends and family.
I miss Lisa already :( You can't live with someone 5 years and not miss them when you leave!! I'll get used to not having her as a roommate, but it's hard. I feel like I got divorced or something. Haha!!
I'm tired of writing. Actually I'm just tired in general. Which is understandable considering I've worked 11 days straight and then moved all my crap on my day off. I have lots coming up..mostly involving weddings. Jaime's Shower, Lisa's Bachelorette Party to plan, Lisa's wedding, Jaime's Bacherlorette Party, Jaime's wedding!! Ahhhh!! It will calm down after that. But 3 of my best friends will be married, strange! Oh well, at least my roommie and I are single an fabulous ;) Alright enough for now..her comes the train..one interesting thing about living here. Ha.
Until next time,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment