Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters" Colossians 3:23

Wow. I NEVER blog. I wanted it to become a habit, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I guess this blog will forever be an outlet for when I have a sudden burst of thought and I'm not too lazy to put it into writing.

Well, the sudden burst of though has happened! I've had a lot of job satisfaction lately, which is funny because I've recently gotten the 6th rejection from the career I've wanted since I was 7 years old. I guess I'm just trying to look on the bright side and be thankful that even though I don't have my dream job yet, my current job is pretty freaking awesome. Here are some pretty cool thing that I've gotten to do:

1. Once a week lately, I get paid to sleep at SeaWorld! Now, not much sleep is had, but it's still pretty amazing. So far I've slept at Shark Encounter and at Manatee underwater viewing. I get to see kids' faces light up, so excited to sleep at one of the coolest places they've ever been.

2. I get to do VIP tours. I can't think of a more fun way to spend my day at work than to just walk around SeaWorld and show excited guests one of my favorite places to be. I had 3 awesome families on my tour on Monday. The kids asked me to ride Kraken and Manta with them, so I got paid to ride roller coasters! Amazing! I'm hoping that one of these days I'll get to do a tour for a famous person. Though famous people tend to be high maintenance, so that might be a rough day..haha.

3. I've recently been added to a small team (currently with only 5 people, including myself) called Animal Ambassadors. Soon, I will be hanging out with Magellanic penguins. Once they get to know me and trust me (lol I know that sounds funny, but penguins can be very choosy about who they let hang out with them! They look cute, I know, but their beaks are quite sharp.), I will conduct "penguin touches." I'll be meeting tour guests and bringing them back to meet these cute, feathery fellas. I'll also be responsible for the maintenance of several aquariums, including a shark aquarium. Oh and did I mention caring for 2 massive snakes? They each eat a nice, juicy rat once every other week. Yummy. Haha. But I am SUPER excited about this new job responsibility! Obviously, I've always loved working with animals. This will give me great experience, as well as allow me to have even more job satisfaction where I'm at for now.
<--Magellanic penguin :)

Those are just a few of many reasons I LOVE my job. God has truly blessed me with this job, and I'm praying that I will work for HIM not for men. I also pray that He will give me boldness to share my faith with co-workers. I desperately want them to see the hope that I have in Christ. I'm struck with fear when I think about sharing the Gospel with people at work. God and I are trying to work through this fear..I need to get over myself!

Anyway, I am so thankful to be loving where I'm at as I strive to serve GOD first and not my career goals. I'm confident that God will continue to make it clear to me where I can serve and love Him best!

Kelli

2 comments:

  1. Kelli- You are so awesome, and I'm glad you're seeing the silver lining (cue the Relient K song) in your work situation! God has a plan, and I know we're on the long journey of discovering exactly what that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's awesome to hear. I was thinking about that the other day...I have never heard you complain or even say one negative thing about your job. Me, on the other hand... is a different story. I guess that my belief is true. It is so important to do what you love and to LOVE what you do. I can't wait for that day to come for me and anyone else who is in the same situation. Especially since I'm finding that I am definitely not the only one! I'm glad you're thankful and not a brat about it! It's so hard to work for God and not for men, because working for God seems as if it doesn't provide immediate results. But it does!

    ReplyDelete